Get in touch!
Just a reminder that if you want to get in touch with the editor (if you are having any comments, problems or queries regarding the site) you can at: email@example.com.
We've added new features to the site (and changed a few)... hope you like them:
1. The Home page now has two buttons for you to see the 'latest pictures' and 'latest comments' straight away
2. Upload picture: After many requests we've changed the way you upload a photo. You can only do one photo at a time, but you can see the actual picture when adding a title and description for it.
3. Add comment: no more annoying pop-up when clicking on 'Add Comment', so now it is possible to actually scroll the page and check the picture and read previous comments while writing your comment.
4. We've introduced a 'My Account' area for registered users. Here you can change certain email preferences. You can now opt in to receive email notifications when a comment is added by another user to a photo that you had uploaded. And the same for comments... so if you opt in, you can now be kept informed of discussion threads through email notifications.
5. We have removed the 'chat with editor' box. We appreciate some users liked it but we found that the box regularly obscured parts of a page. In particular when using a tablet or mobile phone to browse the site.
6. There is a new menu option, 'Favourites'. It shows the photos as voted for by a particular user (as well as a top 50 for the whole site)... so if you 'vote for this picture' it will be added to your Favourites.
7. We've made it possible for users to sign in using their Facebook account rather then having to register separately.
There have been a range of other changes too, mostly boring admin stuff.
It should all work well, but if you come across a problem / glitch or have a comment then please drop us a line : firstname.lastname@example.org
For a number of sites I am looking for co-editors who would love to take care of the day-to-day moderating and who would be willing to help with improving the site in general.
All I ask is that you have an interest in and some knowledge of the topic of the relevant site, have been using / following the site for a while and have general computer / internet 'skills'.
Besides daily co-editors I am also looking for help in improvement of the data on the sites, for example in the info / descriptions we have on manufacturers. And if social media is your thing, perhaps you might be able (and want) to help me out too!
Interested? Or have other suggestions in how you would like to help?
Drop me a line : email@example.com
New sites planned!
We've received several requests for two new sites, which we are planning to launch after the summer. But we thought it best to let you know now so you can keep your eyes open and cameras ready. The two site will be:
- bicycles (yes all two and three and four wheels as long as they are pedal powered!)
- Ice cream vans and other vendors (Burgers / hotdogs / donuts and whatever). Note that they need to be vehicles, so no trailers please.
Let me know through the message link (bottom of page) or by email (see contact page) what you think!
Use your Tablet or smart Phone
Did you know that this site is suitable to be used with tablets and smart phones? One in five of our visitors are already using these to browse this site... try it out!
Share on Facebook, G+ and Twitter
Did you know you can easily share a photo on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter by using the 'Share' buttons on the photo-pages?
And of course you can 'like' us too, see the top menu for that!
So go on, help spread the word and make your friends aware of a site or particular photo you like...
Milestones and Shares
The Photo Forums have just surpassed 170,000 photos (contributed by you all) and over 1,000 votes (in the first 5 weeks of the new sites).
Absolutely amazing, many thanks for your continued interest and participation!
To help us reach more Abandoned Vehicle fans, tell your friends (all of them!).
And click the 'Share' buttons (below the description) to show your favorite photos on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ .
After receiving loads of feedback we've made a number of changes to the sites, hopefully they're to your liking.
Most of them are small, but one is worth highlighting:
There is a comprehensive Search function now, accessible from every page... hit the 'Search' on the top menu. Give it a try, hope you like it!
At the request of several contributors of the Photo Forums we've set up this brand new web site on Abandoned and Neglected Vehicles.
We're hoping you'll be sharing you pictures of abandoned and really neglected vehicles that you have come across.
Subjects we welcome include cars, trucks, vans, taxis, tractors, buses.... as long as it used to run on wheels we're happy!
In the future we might expand the subject list with boats, ships, aircraft and so on.... but we'll wait for your feedback first.
So check your old pics, and see if you have something interesting to show!